Old January 31st 08, 12:15 AM posted to aus.bicycle
DeF

Default Servicing ergopower

phillip brown wrote:
On Jan 30, 5:22 pm, DeF ""d.farrow\"@your finger.murdoch.edu.au"
wrote:
So my 9sp veloce ergopower levers have around
25,000kms into them in all sorts of weather.
Gear shifting has become a bit hit and miss.
Position of rear derailleur depends on whether
the shift is up or down to that cog.

I'm thinking that the lever (RHS) needs taking
apart and cleaning.

Anyone done this? I had a quick look and there
seemed to be lots of little bits that could easily
get lost or go "sproing" upon loosening a nut or
bolt.

Any experiences to share?

DeF

--
e-mail: d.farrow@your finger.murdoch.edu.au
To reply, you'll have to remove your finger.

Actually, pretty straight forward. I have done it twice. The only
really tricky bit is getting the return spring tensioned when you put
it back in. Sounds like you will need new 'G' springs.

see http://www.campyonly.com/howto/ergotech.html or http://www.yellowjersey.org/ergo1.html
for the instructions

phillip brown

Thanks for those tips Phillip, I've ordered some parts from Branford
Bike and will have a go at pulling it apart when they arrive.

There's actually quite an amazing wealth of info (that I should have
looked for first) including a couple of youtube videos showing
assembly and disassembly of ergolevers.

DeF