Old February 15th 09, 09:18 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Default Canadian, Sam Whittingham, is World's Fastest Recumbent Rider on aCustom 'Bent

If it wasn't for a short article in Reader's Digest, I don't think
many people in Canada would know about it. I knew he was fast but
today I found out he set the current record at 130.5 km hr as stated
in the R.D. article. Nice bunch of pictures. With a trike using that
type of body shell and some reasonable gearing (for the older crowd)
it could be a great vehicle to get around town, or get around the
suburbs. The body shell almost speaks of a glider without wings. I
wonder how that shape would work on glider, or an automobile for that
matter.