Old October 7th 14, 04:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default Veloloop Triggers Inductive Road Sensors

On 10/7/2014 7:37 AM, Duane wrote:
On 10/7/2014 9:35 AM, sms wrote:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/natnat/veloloop-trigger-traffic-signals-from-your-bike

Somehow I don't think that this project is going to attract many
backers. Personally I rarely have a problem activating sensors with my
road bike or mountain bike and in the rare instances that happens there
is often a walk-signal button to press or a car comes along. Worst case,
I run the red light.

Maybe carbon fiber bicycles need this device.

I don't know, I have the same experience that you do. It works or I
press the walk signal or I run the light when there's no traffic.

Someone suggested laying the bike down on the loop then lifting it up if
you don't trigger the sensor otherwise. You want a larger mass of metal
to trigger it.