Old April 8th 11, 12:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Edward Dolan

Default Johann Bach vs. Johann Strauss

I have just recently downloaded the complete orchestral works of Johann
Strauss via public Torrents (Pirate Bay) for free. This was a Marco Polo
records release of some years ago which I have always desired but was too
poor to purchase.

I work my way through the works of Bach every 10 years or so, but what an
ordeal it is. Strauss never ceases to delight with his ever tuneful
melodies - and I never tire of listening to them.

I have frittered my life away on the classical musical arts. Strauss is
regarded as light music and Bach is regarded as heavy music but I tell you
that I prefer light music. Tom Sherman is a Bach lover, but Ed Dolan is a
Strauss lover. Woe betide anyone who denigrates the Great Johann Strauss. I
will crucify all such morons without mercy. The genius required to write a
tuneful melody was beyond most classical composers such as Bach.
Furthermore, Strauss was a master orchestrator. Only Tchaikovsky was his
equal in that regard.

My God, if I could write a single polka like Strauss that would live forever
I would be in Heaven!

--
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka