Old September 23rd 04, 09:06 PM
Lewis Campbell

You can pretty much run a fixed gear in any bike frame, even one with
vertical dropouts.

Here is a link to a newsgroup which can help you:-

Hope this helps you.

Lewis.

*********************************

"Peter S" wrote in message ...
I've been looking for a cheap frame suitable to build up into a fixed wheel
bike. I've been given an old Kojima Condor with downtube shifters, which I
know nothing about. The frame is marked 'Tange 900' double butted. I think
it?s a lugged steel frame. Does anyone here know if this is a reasonable
frame to dress up into a fixed wheel bike? I've googled but can't find much
info. The other bits of this bike show signs of neglect so I'm thinking if I
start with this frame it will need to be cleaned up, repainted and pretty
well have a lot of work done.

I want to use a fixed wheel bike for fun and training but also as a build
project to learn more about how to do assembly and get some basic know how.

Any help about the frame is welcome.

Thanks

Peter S