Old September 24th 04, 12:49 AM
Jeff Wills

"Peter S" wrote in message ...
I've been looking for a cheap frame suitable to build up into a fixed wheel
bike. I've been given an old Kojima Condor with downtube shifters, which I
know nothing about. The frame is marked 'Tange 900' double butted. I think
it?s a lugged steel frame. Does anyone here know if this is a reasonable
frame to dress up into a fixed wheel bike? I've googled but can't find much
info. The other bits of this bike show signs of neglect so I'm thinking if I
start with this frame it will need to be cleaned up, repainted and pretty
well have a lot of work done.

There's only one detail to be concerned about- does it have vertical
or horizontal rear dropouts? If they're horizontal, it's an easy
conversion, if vertical it gets somewhat more difficult. I wouldn't
bother repainting it unless it's some sort of restoreable collector's
item. Just ride it ugly.

Good reference: http://www.sheldonbrown.com/singlespeed.html

Jeff