Old July 23rd 18, 10:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

Default question about climbing

On 23/07/18 17:30, wrote:

Agreed. It was of course a joke that you are not allowed to stop
during a climb. I don't but that is just me. This years I start using
a power meter and figured out I can sustain 220 Watts. Knowing this
helps a lot on longer climbs (2 hours and more).

Regarding Tom Dumoulin, in a interview on Dutch television last night
he was asked how his shape was compared to the Giro. He said it is
better. Why? I lost some weight he said: 1 kg. Like I said climbing
is all about Watts/kg, so lose as much weight as you can: on your
bike and on yourself. Don't carry a gallon of water if you don't
gonna use it or tools you don't gonna need.

If someone breaks a chain, scavenge a rock and a rusty nail, but don't
carry a multitool that has a chain tool built in.

--
JS