Old July 10th 03, 06:38 PM
TBGibb

Default Kevlar Spokes

In article , "Phil,
Squid-in-Training" writes:

Would you be able to lace a wheel entirely with kevlar cords? And have it
be useful/long-lasting?

There is a wheel like that, the Topolino, page 30 in the Colorado Cyclist
catalog. The kevlar/carbon spokes "span the entire wheel" and are held to the
hub by a sleeve (personal observation while drooling in CC's showroom). The
tension goes from side to side of the rim with very little tension on the
flange. No more elbows to break. I've no clue as the durability and will
certainly not be the first one on the block to have personal experience with a
set of them. But at $499.99 rear and $349.99 front I hope they are durable.
www.topolinotech.com

Tom Gibb