Old October 4th 11, 04:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.marketplace
David White[_2_]

Default Any Success Replacing Pads in Shorts?

kolldata wrote:
On Oct 4, 8:20 am, David White wrote:
Scott Gordo wrote:
Do I remember those pads being 'welded' (ie glued or melted or
whatever) onto the lycra? Or is it just sewn on?

I do have a couple pair of shorts with melted-on pads. But the ones I am
talking about are sewn with some form of zig-zag stiching - very secure.

HAVE YOU LOCATED A SOURCE FOR GEL FOAM PADDING ?

This
http://www.kucharikclothing.com/we-replace-pad-aerotech-mlp-with-gel-pad-p-573.html
is the only replacement pad I have found thus far which says it has gel
in it. I haven't owned any shorts with gel pads so I have no ability to
comment further. Cheers!