Old April 20th 04, 03:33 PM
Curtis L. Russell

Default A question - Girls' bikes and boys' bikes - Why the difference?

On 20 Apr 2004 13:49:05 GMT, omcom
(dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers) wrote:

Saying that, last summer in Germany, I saw loads of blokes riding what is
ordinarily described as a girls' bike in the UK. It didn't seem to bother them
one jot. Plus, if, to use a phrase, one has difficulty getting one's leg over,
a step-through frame will make going for a ride easier (ooh-err Missus!).

My Bike Friday Metro is a step through (to fold) and the step through
frame is often easier to use when carrying moderately heavy packages
in downtown traffic with frequent stops and starts. Don't really have
to think much of how the package is attached to the rear, as long as
it is fastened down and fairly balanced.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...