Old August 6th 04, 10:15 PM
Badger_South

Default New Bike, Reputable LBS, So what is the Problem?

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 16:44:27 -0400, "tcmedara"
wrote:

Glm wrote:
No joy: they clearly weren't interested in helping further.
Said I could leave the bike there for ten days so that they could do
a 'full check-up'.

A 3 week old bike with mechanical problems and they aren't "interested" in
helping? Sounds like you might want to:
a) rethink the *reputable* label
b) find a new LBS

At the very least, you should talk to the manager/owner. If that doesn't
work, then spend your cycling $$ elsewhere.

Tom

I've seen a bit of this at my LBS, but they still will look it over if I
pester them nicely. I always figured it was a bit of 'oh the new owner is
obsessing over every little squeek and creak'. But yeah, why wouldn't one?
It's nerve wracking to have those noises and be worried something's gonna
break miles from home.

Certainly shouldn't be the norm after only 3 weeks and spending that amt of
money. Go talk to the owner, I agree.

-B