Old July 6th 16, 03:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

Default No 26 TPI threaded rod in USA?

On Tuesday, July 5, 2016 at 8:41:05 PM UTC-4, John Doe wrote:
sms wrote:

John Doe wrote:

That's inconvenient.

That means we have to throw money at China for 3/8" 26 TPI axle
material just to get an axle that's not bent?

My thread measuring tool doesn't even include 26 TPI. It goes from 24
to 27 TPI. The only threaded rod I see available here in the USA is
24 TPI.

You can find some 3/8" 26 TPI axles on eBay. Not sure if they are the
length you are looking for. I.e.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/122017856161. But finding a local bike shop
with any is going to be tough.

Yes 3/8" 26 TPI axles are easy to find on fleaBay. I ordered a couple of
them as a workaround.

To fix all of the bent axles by just buying some threaded rod and
cutting it to size would be easy and a lot cheaper, if only 26 TPI
threaded rod were available in the USA. Buying threaded rod would be
great since that would provide a choice between different types of
steel.

Maybe someday I will be able to convert to some 24 TPI threaded rod
axle, but I'm not familiar enough with the equipment to figure it out
right now.

--

I had a broken 10.5mm x 26TPI nut and Andrew Muzi had some and sold
them to me. No LBS had any. One local shop had some 13/32 x 26 TPI

ask The Practical Machinist

Wheels axles are super. Very strong against freewheel bending but ver straightenable in a vise with a 11 pound short handle hammer. sendum an email inquiry