Old December 23rd 09, 04:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
thirty-six

Default Flipping a chain ring on a granny gear to foil developing chainsuck

On 23 Dec, 03:50, Fritz wrote:
I started to experience chainsuck on *the granny gear of my triple
ultegra nine speed crank. *

So, I flipped the granny gear over and installed washers between crank
and ring to get the spacing right. *

I have not ridden the bike yet with this repair so I would appreciate
any thoughts pro or con. *I would hate to make things worse. *

Should be good. One thing is always to keep your chainring fixings
together, do not mix them up. If you end up mixing nut and bolt then
there is the possibility of a slight mismatch (at least there used to
be) and the risk of seperation on the road increases. Use threadlock
or wire them (until you are certain they remain secure) so you dont
lose the fixings.