Old March 8th 15, 10:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
John B. Slocomb

Default AG: Country Roads

On Sat, 07 Mar 2015 23:31:57 -0400, Joy Beeson
wrote:

On a lonely country road, ride far enough to the left -- this being a
multinational forum, make that "close enough to the center" -- that
you can make a dramatic and visible move toward the edge of the road.

When you hear a car coming, watch it in your mirror until you are
quite sure the driver can see you turn your head as if looking back
before you move toward the edge of the road.

I think that your system works on more than country roads. I use much
similar actions in city riding, make sure the other bloke knows what
you intend, obviously look at people, etc. It seems to work :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.