Old March 14th 07, 09:14 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Scott Blanch

Default Run over by a ute

Scott Blanch wrote:
There I was just riding along...

Nope definitely not trying to pull a leg. As far as being anonymous well
I am a long time lurker of about 4 years with the very occasional post.
And i guess that the reason I am not more concerned about liability,
roundabout rules etc. is that the guy at fault has made it quite clear
that he is paying for the damages.
When the incident was reported to the police they couldn't seem to care
less and in fact told me that there was no need for it to be reported.
Although he he did ring up the driver to confirm that he was responsible
and that he is prepared to pay after my concerns that the driver only
left me with his first name and a very roughly scribbled mob. no. The
quote for the bike comes to $2794.00 which includes a new pair of pedals
and a pair of new shoes (cough ... damaged in the accident). The LBS
told me to hit him up for a new helmet, computer, lights, nicks etc but
I don't want to be done for insurance fraud, there is something about
jail food that just doesn't appeal to me.
It seems like a new trek 1400 is the go however the LBS cant stock Treks
at the moment because of a disagreement on the way his shop should be
set up ie Trek want him to hold more mtn. bikes than roadies so he
doesn't know when he can get them back in, hence the question I asked
about the Azzuri. I haven't had a great deal of experience with other
bikes apart from what I have gleaned from this newsgroup over the past
few years. My Trek 1400 was only about 18 mnths old when I had the
accident and I really liked the way it rode it was sort of worn in to me
and although I haven't been competitive on it yet I was looking forward
to attempting a crit one day (If I could get out of bed early enough).
So thanx for the advice and please keep it up.
-Blanchy