Old February 2nd 08, 04:12 AM posted to ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
CJ

Default Dangerous bike lane obstructions in Redwood City

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604 wrote:
I agree about the perception problem with bike lanes and bike routes -
some (many?) motorists can and do assume that one is required
to use them instead of using the automobile traffic lanes.

Sometimes the bike lanes are unsafe by design(Berkeley had some that
were in the door zone, for example), sometimes they have road hazards
that motorists would ignore, sometimes they aren't as direct,
sometimes they don't go where you want to go. But motorists believe
that's where cyclists should be.

I understand the attractions of them, but....

I have had assholes swerve towards me while passing, then point at the
"bike path" on the sidewalk while yelling "get off the road".

MMMOOOOOOMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYYY

The big kids are pickin' on me again.

Cliff