Old February 10th 08, 02:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Default Oregon vs California law graphic

Jens Müller wrote:
Bill Z. schrieb:

Back when I first moved to an urban area that had "bicycle lanes", I
rode them since I did not know better. I soon came to the realization
that cyclists would be better off without them, particularly those who
want to make left turns.

Are you incompetent? A bike lane is no more an issue when making a left
turn than any other traffic lane on a road with more than one lane.

No. Motor vehiclists might expect cyclists to stay on the bike lane and
do indirect left turns.

Yes, the cagers would like for us to dismount and make two (2) street
crossings as pedestrians. The cagers would also like us to ride on the
sidewalk, since they consider bicycles toy only suitable for multi-use
paths.