Old May 21st 08, 09:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Maury Markowitz

Default Touring advice, one bike or two?

On May 21, 10:57*am, landotter wrote:
I'd pretty much compare that to a Surly Crosser to be fair. Good price
for a light Tange frame for sure. The stays are 35mm shorter than a
LHT--cross bike short or fashionably short if you're calling it a
"commuter"--but not an issue, unless you're a guy like me with Real
Man (46+) size feet and want to run panniers without going "fppp fppp
fppp" all the way home.

No concern here, I'm only 5'9", the only problem I have is hitting the
front on hard turns.

Ok, point taken... cheap touring frame it is. Ok, so for the comfort
side, what do I look for in geometry that will get me a little more
head-up than a traditional road frame?