Old May 27th 08, 02:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Pat[_9_]

Default Help on choosing new bike

No, it means that you are buying retail and putting something together
retail. The factory is buying wholesale and putting together for selling
retail. From the get go, you are an economic step in the hole. It all
depends upon how much you want it "your way." For example, I buy parts and
make my own computers from the box up. Economically sound? Nope, but I get
it done my way....

Makes no sense either. You can purchase a great computer that might be
lacking in one area--let's say you want a more powerful graphics chip,
or better all in one card reader, well, just upgrade that bit instead
of building a box from scratch.

The reason I build a new computer is due to the need for a new motherboard
and chip, not something peripheral as a graphics card.

Pat in TX