Old March 3rd 09, 07:27 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
-RB

Default Sea to Shining Sea Support

On Mar 2, 6:38*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"-RB" wrote in message

On Feb 24, 7:43 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...] This is the kind of madness that seems like a good idea when you are
comfy
in your home, well fed and healthy. But once embarked upon, it soon
becomes the folly that it is. The only part of the trip that will be the
least bit enjoyable will be the RAGBRAI segment. The rest of the trip
will
be a misery. These guys are old enough to know better, but I suppose some
folks are just slow learners. By the way, 75 miles a day is a more
realistic estimate. Only a fool would strive for 130 miles a day!

[...]

During July, the sun will be up for 14.5 hours every day. *My normal
pace is 16/17 MPH in mountains or not; I’ll only be rolling for 7.5 to
8.25 hours.

Well, right there is where you have got it most awfully wrong. 10 mph is a
good steady speed and you never want to go for more than 6 hours a day.
That will get you down the road 60 miles each day with lots of spare time
for contemplating your navel.

I’ll have plenty of time to stop and see all that I care
to see off the bike.

Apparently you do not care to see much. Why not just stay home. That is
actually a better place for contemplating your navel anyway.

If you are reading this post and thinking you
may have a fun time with us, please do not let the little minded fat
gut trolls sway you. *You and only you really know what you can do.
Let’s go ride!!

I am charging you with cruelty to your female companion. Any guy who would
subject a female to the kind of ride you are proposing ought to be taken
out and horsewhipped. Have you no shame!
Regards,
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

aka

Trolls, there is one in every crowd. Why moderators put up with guys
like Dolan I'll never know. Ed, grow a dick and women will follow you
anywhere. I should have known better than to post on a recumbent
site. BTW: One of your detractors sent me that pick to show me what
an expert like yourself looks like. Even if it's the wrong photo,
that is your face now.