Old June 13th 21, 10:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
pH

Default Sheldon Brown site

On 2021-06-12, Ralph Barone wrote:
Roger Merriman wrote:
It’s been reported that Harris bike shop is closing down, And thus
questions over Sheldon Browns site, ie will it disappear?

I believe he was of this group? Though before my time I think.

https://road.cc/content/news/concern...website-284033

Roger Merriman.

I’m not sure that anything is stopping you from crawling the site and
downloading the entire contents to your hard drive.

Would 'wget' or 'curl' be used for something like that?

pH

wget -k -p -r https://www.sheldonbrown.com/ ./

might do the trick.

Ah! Thank-you for the tip. Sometimes the 'man' pages leave me confused.
I'll go back and read those toggles (as I call them, aka "switches" or, I'm
sure, more).

pH