Old November 23rd 05, 02:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Veloce 9 speed questions

Eddie Nosdtromo wrote:
(Mark D) wrote in news:10371-4382944F-676@storefull-
3173.bay.webtv.net:

If you find your Colnago Frame is "very close" to 130mm. I mean
something like 127mm-128mm, you might just be able to "squeeze" the rear
Hub in without any frame stretching/modifications. Tire changes will be
a little bit harder though. Mark

Yeah, the dropouts are about 128mm. Oh, one last question. How do I
confirm that the Veloce components are the 1999 model? Are there any
special markings? I heard that the older components are more difficult if
not impossible to later convert to 10sp. Thanks, everyone for your imput,
Ed

1998 and older levers are not convetible to 10s. Take one of the
levers off, take off the back plastic cap and look at the plate with
the bolt thru it. If the plate has two small square notches in it(for
ERGO brain), it is 1999, if it is smooth with a button head bolt
holding it on, it is 1998.