Old July 5th 16, 12:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
John B.[_6_]

Default AG: Squirrel!

On Sun, 03 Jul 2016 23:49:35 -0300, Joy Beeson
wrote:

On Fri, 17 Jun 2016 22:08:45 -0300, Joy Beeson
wrote:

Marsh Supermarket gives you a nickel off for each bag you re-use, but
not if you want your stuff loose in the cart.

When I went to Marsh last Thursday, they gave me a coupon good for a
dozen eggs at my next visit. So I circumnavigated Winona Lake today,
as a first step toward getting back into shape, and stopped at Marsh
for my free eggs. Also a free pound of bananas and a free box of
yogurt, which made a free lunch, or would have if I hadn't also bought
a single-serve cup of potato salad. I don't like Yoplait because the
boxes are upside down, with the opening on the narrow end, and
wouldn't have chosen it if it hadn't been free. It also seemed a bit
short on substance.

As we don't have "Yoplait" here I had to look it up on the web and I
see that some of the "cups"? are upside down. I wonder what the
reasoning is for that?

Bananas here are sold by the "Bunch". Bananas grow on a long stem with
rings of bananas every few inches and one "ring" or maybe 1/2 a ring
is a bunch. My wife bought a small "bunch" (half a ring) a day or so
ago and it cost, in American terms, about 35 cents a pound.

By the way, most of the bananas here are green in color :-)

Anyhow, when I checked my register tape, I'd gotten three "sack
credits" even though everything would have fit into one bag. I don't
know what was different from the previous trip.

I didn't get yards of coupons this trip. That must have been unusual,
because on Thursday, the check-out commented on it as she was trying
to wind the tape up into something she could hand me.

I could check the envelope of register tapes to see when I went to
Marsh, but it's pushing midnight and I'm sure nobody cares when I
wrote the above.

--
cheers,

John B.