Old March 11th 05, 03:53 PM
Arthur Harris

"Bob Terrwilliger" wrote:
I am in the market for a new bike. My current bike is almost 20 years
old .

Is that all? Mine is over 20 years old.

I am interested in carbon or ti. and there seems to be a lot of
info on carbon bikes. But I am having a difficult time finding
recommendations of Ti bikes.

I only ride for pleasure, about 100-200
miles a week, and I do a century or two each year.

Ti won't rust and an unpainted Ti bike won't scratch. Other than that, what
will a Ti bike do that your current bike won't? Not much. For a lot less
money, you could upgrade the drivetrain on your current bike and have the
best of both worlds. I happen to like the geometry, clearance, and look of
the '80s bikes much better than current models.

Art Harris