Old July 9th 03, 12:57 PM
Doug Huffman

Default Touring Bike Recomendations?

Come on down to SAGBRAW and see the variety of bikes there.

I'll be on my 'bent and my riding partner on a Bike Friday. A BG might not
be the best use of your funds given the apparent level of your involvement
and experience. No conventional bike will be significantly different or
more comfortable than a C-dale. Better ensure that the bike is properly
fitted.

I try to teach my daughter that 'what you do with what you have is more
important than what you have'. Otherwise go ahead and buy a Hummer and weld
a Litespeed to it - then you too can be an extreme cyclist.

"Nartker" wrote in message
I am living in Northern Wisconsin, and am looking for a new touring bike.

Most
likely it would be used for short day trips, light loads, on groomed

trails
and rural roads. I need a sturdy frame for my body size and have never

been
happy with my aluminum frame Canondale. I also have short legs and a long
torso.

What bikes are recomended for these conditions? I have been considering a
Bruce Gordon Rock-n-Road.

Thanks

Nartker @ AOL.com

Nartker