Old May 3rd 11, 04:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Opus[_2_]

Default Should you wear a helmet while riding a recumbent?

On May 2, 11:51*am, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On May 2, 10:37*am, Opus wrote:
snip
*My preference when riding a 'bent
is a full-face helmet with a fiberglass or carbon fiber shell that
will slide over asphalt or concrete.

Wow. *Apparently, I worry much less than you do.

- Frank Krygowski

Probably, but I spent 13 days on my back in a hospital because of a
wreck, and was almost totally blind for the first 24 hours of that
stay because of a head injury. Also I saw the results of a guy wearing
a bicycle helmet when he crashed his motorcycle. No skull fracture but
his head was rotated 270 degrees to the left with his chin pointing
more or less over his right shoulder because the helmet didn't slide
over concrete. That was at a speed that I reach on my bent regularly
on flat ground.