Old August 5th 07, 01:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.mountain-bike
JD

Default I don't understand - what is this for?

On Aug 4, 3:33 pm, Fred Clydesdale wrote:
personally, i've never gotten the whole single/fixie thing, and
a singlespeed mtb seems beyond useless.

We can't all be closed-minded dumbasses.

i pass at least 5 fixies
a week on the various hills of my weekday ride, never had things
happen the other way around. and i'm a CLYDESDALE, for heaven's
sake. i'm carrying 3 pounds more bike and 20 pounds more of me
up those hills.

C'mon out and ride with me sometime. I'll show you just how
inefficient singlespeed bikes are. Your weekday ride sounds like it's
loaded with punks and poseurs.

JD 225lbs and can still kick your ass