Old December 1st 14, 04:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default shipping a bike

On 11/30/2014 11:42 AM, Gus Overton wrote:
I'm thinking of shipping my niece's to Tucson (from Louisville) and giving to Anabel (and be able to use on my excursion... I love riding a bike, and could buy my niece's and give to Anabel?).

Maybe I should just buy one out there. Anyone know a good bike shop in Tucson. I've never been there... I don't need a fancy bike, just something that doesn't breakdown, and is not too expensive... I guess I could go to Walmart (ugh) and get a Huffy, or Schwinn. I saw Schwinn's at a Walmart here.

If I do ship-- Greyhound? I had a bike shipped from Erie to Denver once that way. I assume the airline would too, but probably a lot more $... I'll need a box too... I should probably just buy a bike there. And give to her.

Is this a worthwhile project? I think it depends on the quality of the
bike you're considering shipping, your intended use of the bike, your
financial situation, etc.

Tuscon has lots of bike shops. Google "tuscon AZ bike shop" and see.
This one http://ordinarybikeshop.com/ has used bikes, which can be an
excellent buy - better than *-Mart.
--
- Frank Krygowski