Old September 10th 04, 02:16 PM
Terry Morse

Brad wrote:

So, I'm looking for something that will block the wind but is very
breathable. I don't care if its waterproof as I have other gear if it
gets that extreme. For this category of jacket it seems Windtex and
Windstopper are the materials of choice. Are there any others I
should look at?

I've tried several, and my favorite by far is the Sugoi Stretch
Viper:

http://tinyurl.com/4ewoa

It's very lightweight, it fits well and doesn't turn into a drag
chute on descents, it stretches, it keeps the wind out, it breathes
very well, and it's pretty decent protection in brief rain showers.