Old September 10th 04, 02:31 PM
Jim Boyer

"Brad" wrote in message
om...
Ok, the cold weather will be upon us here in Colorado any time and
I've decided to purchase a better jacket this year. I've been using a
Pearl Zypher (sp?) jacket but it doesn't breath worth a damn.

So, I'm looking for something that will block the wind but is very
breathable. I don't care if its waterproof as I have other gear if it
gets that extreme. For this category of jacket it seems Windtex and
Windstopper are the materials of choice. Are there any others I
should look at?

Two jackets that have caught my eye are

Bergamo winter jacket
http://www.glorycycles.com/behewija.html

And VOLER's

http://www.velowear.com/store/prodin...m=6&mite m=10

A buddy has the Bergamo jacket but it's a bit pricey for my taste.
The Voler is better but still pricey in my book. I like both of these
because they should be breathable, have back pockets, and look more
"jersey like" than nylon jackets.

So, does anyone have anything they would recommend? I realize this is
a long post about a not so interesting topic but thanks for taking the
time to read it .

The best jacket I've ever owned has some kind of windbarrier fabric on the
front, sleeves, and over the shoulders. The entire back, however is moisture
wicking, light-weight polar fleece. This thing never makes you feel like
you're working out in a sauna. It all stays sweat free except for the polar
fleece area where the moisture is evaporated off. I have never found
anything that works like this amazing jacket and now it's very old and worn.
I tried looking up the name of the company but they are apparently out of
business. I'm tempted to send it to some sportswear company to see if they
can make a new line of them.
Good luck in your search....keep us posted...I need a new jacket that works.
jb