Old July 21st 11, 01:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Ohioguy

Default help me find a bicycle

I'm looking for a new bicycle. Whatever I get has to have:

1) touring style handlebars (no racing, and no straight out stubs)

2) mountain bike type wider tires (saved me from major injury on the
roads, several times)

3) at least 5-7 speeds

4) not necessary, but classic styling a big plus

I'll admit that I was tempted by several models at Wal-Mart over the
past 6 months, but none of them had all 3 of the features above I was
looking for.

Today I saw something there called "Admiral", which is a woman's
bike. I looked it up, and in the past they have had men's and women's
versions, but evidently no longer. (strange, since the name would make
me think of a men's bike)

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Schwinn-Ad...-Bike/15711186

Anyway, it has touring style handlebars, 7 speeds, classic styling,
but not the wider tires that I like.

Anybody know of a bike that is pretty much like this, but the Men's
version?

Thanks!