Old April 16th 19, 03:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ralph Barone[_4_]

Default Any problem with the plastic suspension parts on aSpecialized S-Works Tarmac road bike?

Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 4/16/2019 6:25 AM, Duane wrote:
James wrote:
On 15/4/19 1:58 am, wrote:
One of my sons, who is pretty big and strong,, rides an S-Works
Tarmac CF frame (about a 2006 model or so) with the plastic
(polymer??) bits in the forks and the chainstays. It seems to be in
excellent condition. Have you ever heard of any problems with the
plastic suspension bits disintegrating or breaking after a long time?
Thanks!

Perhaps a better question is do the plastic suspension bits actually do
anything?

Maybe but I didn’t notice much difference. I run 90 psi with my HED wheels
though. Maybe @ 120psi on rough roads?

I have a couple friends who have them. They noticed no difference at all.

I recall Specialized "scientific" propaganda being discussed here when
those first came out. Specialized mounted a frame on a vibrating table
and had graphs showing a moderate reduction in vibration, mostly at a
frequency of about 440 Hz.

440 Hz is a frequency sort of in the middle of the musical range. It's
an A note, the one symphony orchestras use to tune up.

If you've ever gone to a concert and your butt complained the A notes
were too loud, Zertz are for you.

I'm sure the weird kink in the frame that the Zertz were mounted in did
most of the flexing, and the rubber plug just filled the hole.