Old July 25th 17, 02:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Effects of too much cycling

On 7/24/2017 10:22 PM, John B. Slocomb wrote:
On Mon, 24 Jul 2017 12:17:23 -0700 (PDT), Doug Landau
wrote:

On Saturday, July 22, 2017 at 7:36:14 PM UTC-7, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

I think this is why hydration packs were invented:
https://keyassets.timeincuk.net/inspirewp/live/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2015/07/WATSON_00004198-042.jpg
I think that's what we were doing before hydration packs and growlers.

I think we were more often using plain old backpacks

does anyone use seatpost mounted water bottle cages and why not?

Sure. Both eat and down tube cages. So I don't have to carry them in
my jersey pockets :-)

I was assuming he meant cages mounted just behind the seat. I guess
some time trialists like those, supposedly for better aerodynamics.

My junk box contains a sort of bracket that can be used to mount two
bottle cages there, but I've never used it. I just don't need it, and
it would interfere with a saddle bag.

On long tours, I've carried a water bag to get me through areas where
three bottles might not suffice. The bag is the polyethylene inner
liner from a cardboard box of wine.

--
- Frank Krygowski