Old March 12th 06, 07:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default A 2006 summer bike trip from Orlando to Boston

wrote:
Hello everyone,

I am hoping to ride my bike home from a one year work assignment in
Florida. I plan on the coastal route to keep the route moderately
flat, cool (seabreezes) and easy. You see, I used the word 'route', is
there an established bike route?? Has anyone reading this done this in
the last 5 years?

I'm from Boston, know very little about this type of thing, and will
appreciate every word of advice, information or suggestions you may
have.

Has anyone a strong opinion on the "Recumbent Bike" versus "traditional
road"? If it saved my shoulders 6 weeks of hanging my torso from them,
I would think about getting one. Course, I've never even been on one.

Thank you, Rover

Many people tour on recumbents. I own both a diamond frame and a
recumbent. I did a tour on the df, and the next one I do will be on the
recumbent. Many people find the laid back position more comfortable for
longer rides (I am one of those people).

Ken
--
You never have the wind with you - either it is against you or you're
having a good day. ~Daniel Behrman, The Man Who Loved Bicycles

Homepage:
http://www.bikesandmoreonline.com/