Old September 13th 20, 07:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

Default Halfords driver 'removed number plate' to get through Low TrafficNeighbourhood street without detection

On Sunday, September 13, 2020 at 6:25:06 PM UTC+1, Mike Collins wrote:
On Sunday, 13 September 2020 18:14:21 UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:
On Sunday, September 13, 2020 at 3:22:41 PM UTC+1, Mike Collins wrote:

Obviously a cyclist secretly removed the number plates from the van.

*Updated, 17:09pm (sic)

Since this article was published Halfords have issued a statement, telling road.cc: "As soon as Sarah highlighted this isolated incident we made sure the driver was taken off the road. We’re sorry and would like to assure Sarah and all our customers that we take road safety very seriously and an immediate investigation has been launched.”

ENDS

Well done to Halfords for their prompt action in tracing the criminal driver.

Nugents will now tell us the person removing the number plate was a pedestrian and the driver cannot be identified.

The driver has been sacked.