Old September 17th 20, 12:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default DT Swiss 460 rims

On 9/16/2020 5:56 PM, AMuzi wrote:

Since wheelbuilding has become a rare arcane art (and a complete mystery
to most modern LBS) spoke distribution is abysmal. This has been a trend
for years and it's getting, as you note, worse.Â* Moreover with declining
volume and expanded selection (double inventory with normal spokes and
black tinted spokes, double again for aero shape, etc. Even nipples come
in useful and then black, aluminum, star shape, on to ridiculous
variety) prices here have become unbelievable. Unbelievable in that I
can't imagine paying these rates, especially for orders received missing
25% of the ordered lengths. A relatively boring commodity has become a
pricey scavenger hunt. We gave up and import spokes directly, which is a
lot of money tied up in inventory. The alternate, with unreliable
supply, is lost customers.

Does that mean we can buy spokes from you?

--
- Frank Krygowski