Old March 14th 19, 04:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default The death of rim brakes?

On 3/14/2019 12:18 AM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:

One time I saw a lot of black bears t my right as they were eating berries that had grown in an area that'd been burnt over a number of years ago. There was no forest there. It's kind of neat to be able to see the bears from a nice safe distance. VBEG LOL

For many years I hoped to be able to spot a bear while riding my bike.
My chance finally came while riding in Glacier National Park. Saw the
mother and two cubs.

Much closer to home, I've spotted a coyote and a bobcat while riding, as
well as almost any other mammal one might mention. Bald eagles, once
rare, are now so common here that they barely count. But so far, no wolves.

We have Bobcats and Lynxes up there and I understand that cougars are becoming more common too.

No cougars yet either. My only lynx spotting was decades ago, hiking in
the Canadian Rockies. I was amazed.

--
- Frank Krygowski