Old August 4th 04, 02:04 AM
Grumpy au Contraire

Default I will treat red lights and stop signs like yield signs

Patrick Goetz wrote:

venting by: Patrick Goetz 07:38 PDT

On Tue, 10 Sep 2002, Mike Dahmus wrote:
You started out fine, but right here you lost me, since from experience
in the past, I know that both you and MBJ occasionally run stop signs and
lights for no reason other than convenience. There is no safety benefit
here; only a convenience benefit (for you); and as I've pointed out, if
everybody did the same thing, you'd be dead long ago, since not everybody
has the skills to always know when it's safe to ignore the big red sign
or big red light.

That is correct. If there is no traffic in the perpendicular right of
way, then I will treat red lights and stop signs like yield signs.
Please explain to me how this is a safety problem.

For starters, it's illegal.

Rest of idiotic post snipped

--
JT

Just tooling through cyberspace in my ancient G4