Old December 23rd 03, 07:44 AM
Pete Whelan

Default Make this your New Year resolution...

Tony Raven wrote:
Pete Whelan wrote:

We also tried complaining to Tesco (copied to their insurers) about the
grannite cobbles they use on the approach road into the car park, as the
spaving is such that it will easily trap a 23mm tyre. It was sent as an
official letter from the Suffolk CTC, stating that if any of our members
had an accident due to these cobbles, then they had been forwarned, and
their insurance would probably be invalid. So far we have not had need
to claim against them.

Which is probably fortunate because any claim would probably be met with the
counterclaim that you were already well aware they might trap a tyre and
therefore riding across them despite that was contributory negligence.

Tony

But first time users wouldn't necessarily be aware of such a problem.
Our approach to this kind of problem worked with Sainsburys. We got a
copy from their insurance company saying they had a certain period of
time to get things in order or they wouldn't be covered.

--
Pete

interchange 12 for 21 to reply