wrote:

Edward Dolan wrote:

Another familiar story. Here is a man 65 years of age trying
to be a teenager. Mountain biking puts stress on various body organs because
trying to negotiate a trail on a bike is stressful no matter your age. But
Blackblade thinks mountain biking is good for one's health. Is being dead good
for one's health? This man might have lived for another 20 years if he had not
thought that mountain biking was a good thing to be doing. The last time I
looked there were plenty of roads in Oregon for cyclists to ride. He should have
stuck to roads, where the only danger is being hit by a motor
vehicle.

Spectacular own goal there Ed :-))))

You do know, I take it, that last year 14 cyclists died in London alone due to being hit by motor vehicles ? Cycling on the road is orders of magnitude more dangerous than mountainbiking.

Mountainbiking is, despite your claims to the contrary, good for you and pretty safe. The hiking report from the lake district included 3 hiking fatalities you might recall - and you're happy to conclude that this is 'safe' just because it suits your argument. So, same question back to you ... is it safe if people end up dead ?

My goodness!

Since record-keeping began in 1910, 15 people have been killed in the

bull running of Pamplona,

Or in other words, through 2009, or 99 years, 15 people have died, An

average of 0.15 individuals per year...... Which makes Lake District
hiking twenty times more dangerous than running in front of a herd of
fighting bills.

This carnage must stop!

The difference is that most mountain bikers think it is perfectly safe to go biking on a hiking trail. They find out the hard way that nothing could be further from the truth. If you bike on trails designed and meant only for hikers, it is just a matter of time until you suffer a serious accident. A few hundred people at most run in Pamplona whereas millions of folks hike throughout the year on trails all over the world. I do not seen any connection there at all!

Another difference is that biking in London is most likely not done for pleasure. It is part of daily living. Whereas mountain biking is done solely for pleasure. Is it worthwhile to take risks for something as trivial as mere pleasure? Only fools like Blackblade think so.

Mountain bikers are barbarians and have no right to be on any trail used by hikers – unless they want to get off their god damn ****ing bikes and walk like everyone else. When they crash and injure themselves, I rejoice! If and when they manage to kill themselves, I say good riddance to bad rubbish! Death to mountain biking!

“Tread softly! All the earth is holy ground.”
~ Christina Rossetti (Psalm 24),
from "A Later Life: A Double Sonnet of Sonnets"

Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.

Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great

Ads

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home