Old October 22nd 04, 11:29 AM
Jon Senior

In article , says...
How would that help? If you can't comfortably get one bike on a train, having
a second in another place isn't going to change anything. If you go one way by
train and walking and then return by bike, you just have two bikes in one
place. Moreover, I already have two bikes. What I want is a third with special
qualities - lightness, transportability, 20" wheels, a wide gear range - that
neither of the others have.

I think he was suggesting the following:

1) Cycle from home to train station (Assuming train) on bike #1.
2) Lock bike #1 at train station.
3) Catch train.
4) Unlock bike #2 at train station where you will continue from.
4) Ride to work on bike #2.

Reverse process to get home. ie. one bike is always in a train station
ready for you when you get off the train.

Jon