Old April 24th 08, 10:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Jay[_2_]

Default What the hell happened to our newsgroup?

.org...
On 2008-04-24, ZBicyclist wrote:

Same here. I finally had to killfile Google Groups (minus a select
whitelist) to manage it.

--

Kristian Zoerhoff

As usual. KMZ has it right. I am notoriously cheap and lazy, so I use
Comcast/AT&T (my ISP) for my news server at home, using OE for the
interface. FF is better, but I don't like clicking so many times to killfile
stuff.

At work, I use a free browse-only news server (text-groups only), with IE as
the interface for GG. I prefer the OE interface (over IE) for browsing,
because it is easier to see who is replying to whom. But if I want to post
or reply, I need to switch over to IE/GG.

Certainly not an elegant system, but not bad once you get used to it.

IT Guy J.