Old April 30th 06, 07:42 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Default Pa Bike Laws.

Tom The Great wrote:
Hi I'm new to biking in Pennsylvania, and sometimes I can't hit a
trail, or even bike during the day. So I'll ride at night.

I did a Google search for Pa bike laws and found somethings
interesting about night riding...

1. Front lamp required.
2. Rear red reflector required.
3. A rear lamp, can only be used in addition to the reflector, so I
can't remove the rear reflector.

But I'm confused by something, the law says amber reflectors on each
side required. Does this mean amber wheel flectors?

Thanks ahead of time.

tom

These regulations are pretty standard, and no-one seems to give the
proverbial rat's ---- about any of them. If you want to ride at night,
the reflectors are cheap enough and a good set of of lights is
recommended, see you LBS for those. Basically it's self defence, and not
giving the cagers the classic excuse of saying, `Oh, I didn't see you'.