Old August 22nd 19, 12:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default internal wrenching bolt

On 8/21/2019 7:05 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nos-Shimano...AOSw4O9beMP P

It took several years for them to apply this and as I said, it has a strict engineering use. It spreads the pressure on the washer under it that is used to lock the cables.

"Spreads the pressure" how, exactly? Compared to a normal hex head cap
screw with a washer, are you claiming more pressure at the outer edge of
the washer, or more pressure at the inner edge? I'm trying to visualize
what you're imagining.

I was in the Ace Hardware looking for some metric bolts and came across the entire size and length variations in a series of bins.

How were they labeled? "Internal wrenching bolts"?

--
- Frank Krygowski