Old January 4th 06, 06:23 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default Review my movie please

I liked your good tricks. The sequence of 180 uni spins was impressive,
as were the hop-on-seat combinations, as was the stand up wheel walk.
However, showing them in a video alongside clips of you hopping
one-at-a-time up a set of four stairs threw me off. Basically, without
those advanced moves you did, your video was kind of a "just another
guy that has been riding for a year or two and is making his first
video" kind of thing. Adding those big stand up wheel walk//180 unispin
combos changes the entire tone of the video... I'm not sure if i'm
being clear enough, or too harsh, but i really don't think that stand
up wheel walking belongs in the same video as riding backwards (and
vice versa). You know what i mean? Also, a tripod would really help you
out a lot. Regarding editing: Complicated tranistions draw attention to
the transition, rather than the footage. If that is your goal, for
example if you had two love-themed shots (or a moment in the song),
then a heart shaped scene out would make more sense. But when the
purpose of your video seems to be "here's what i can do, what do you
like, how can i learn to do things better," then the transitions
distract rather than help. But that's just me being nitpicky, having
just watched Shaun Johanneson's video (http://tinyurl.com/ae2lk. It's a
mind-blowing video that is edited very simply. woah!

Don't take me too harshly--you pull some sick tricks in your video. i
wish i could 180 unispin or stand up wheel walk or .. .. .. It's just
that you asked for feedback, and i figgured being critical would be
more helpful to you than saying "best video ever! i loved it! perfect
ten!" Know what i'm sayin'?

--
TheBadger587

Gliding, finally.