Old December 22nd 06, 04:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Rechargable Cells/batteries for Lights

Keiron Said:
If anyone knows anything further about rechargeable litium cells i'd be

greatly interested. Truth is i dismissed them because i could only find

1000mAh (limited search i grant you) but will these 1000mAh lithium
cells
out perform 1000mAh cells of the other varieties in any respect?

The only downsides I'm aware of with LiPo are the hazards with
improper charging/handling and the price. Though they're primarily
RC, Austin over at maxamps.com has been extremely helpful,
knowledgeable and fair with me over the past few years. If you shot
him an email or gave him a jingle he'd most likely be able to help
you out. Last I knew they were getting around 35 for a 2100mah Lipo
Pack, and I think they had a budget charger for around 25. Just a
month or so ago they were running a 3 year 300 cycle warranty special
on all their LiPo products, I don't know if he's got anything going
on for xmas right now.

Dan