Old February 8th 18, 09:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Battery Replacement on Lights with Internal Li-Ion Batteries

On 2018-02-07 07:01, AMuzi wrote:
On 2/7/2018 12:06 AM, Tosspot wrote:
On 07/02/18 03:56, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 2/6/2018 1:52 PM, sms wrote:
My wife's Lezyne Deca 1500XXL stopped taking a charge, at
all. Taking it apart, I saw that the batteries were made
in July 2015. Not too good for it to stop working that soon.

Some of my bikes have dynamos that are 30 years old. They
just keep going and going and going...

I bet the lights don't, as he peers at a collection of
CYOs[1] and a recently defunct Flat-S. Tbf the Flat S is
around 7 years old.

[1] Not one lasted 18 months, they simply aren't waterproof
imho.

My regular glass bulb lamps go 6~8 years between bulb failure in daily
use. YMMV

Ye olde 2.4W + 0.6W with a dynamo? When riding at a good clip, meaning
north of 15mph, those never lasted much longer than a month for me. Even
if they didn't blow their filament right away the bulbs turned black
inside and became dimmer than they were already to begin with. When I
was a teenager I started equipping my bikes with what the automotive
industry already understood over 100 years ago, brighter lights, a
battery and charging system. Soon the German police wanted to give me a
ticket for "non-standard" lighting. Luckily by that time I was a Dutch
resident and they had to let me go.

Those 2.4W bulbs were a joke. My bikes (after my teenage years) always
had better lighting than that. Now it's all LED on my bikes but the real
stuff with more than 500 lumens.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/