Old March 12th 06, 05:24 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default Rockville Hills Park ride, 3/11/06

A group of 10 from Northern California (from Santa Cruz to Roseville)
gathered yesterday for a Moab warm-up ride, in 'Rockville Hills Park'
(http://www.rockvillepark.org/) in Fairfield. Rockville Hills is a
city-owned park with a wide variety of terrain, including some huge
rock gardens (there's a whole trail called Rock Gardens), steep
technical sections, open sandstone and granite, and simple singletrack.
There are lots of oaks and some very pretty manzanita groves.

The park isn't that big, but there's so much stuff to play on that we
didn't get to it all, and we were all totally beat after four hours of
riding.

There's a day use fee of $2 per person, which is a bit of a bummer, but
it's worth the drive and the fee. Outstanding riding, and worthy
training for Moab.

Photos and a short video are in 'my gallery'
(http://tinyurl.com/rkl3y).

[image:
http://unicyclist.com/gallery2/main....85e2c64e29cd4]

--