Old November 10th 09, 02:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Tom Sherman 起豺_2_]

Default Riding a 'bent

Chalo Colina wrote:
Tom Sherman wrote:
Chalo Colina wrote:
[...]
The only bike I ever rented was a BikeE, because it was the only one I
ever found for rent that could be adjusted to fit my size. It was
educational, in that it taught me to avoid BikeEs and other similarly
ill-conceived bikes from that time forward.

You must relax your upper body and only use light forces to steer on a
'bent. I always have new riders hold the bars with only their thumb and
forefinger to prevent over-controlling the bike.

On a proper SWB 'bent, you just think where you want the bike to go, and
it does it.

Thanks, Obi-Wan. I'll have to try harder to stretch out with my
feelings.

Too impatient, you are.

Yoda