Old January 24th 19, 04:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Zen Cycle

Default Another nasty holiday season on RBT

Removable media in an embedded system IDed you as accurately as a resume.

Clueless asswipe, the question I asked was whether your projects OS/applications were embedded _or_ used removable media, but since you laughingly now seem to be claiming that embedded systems _don't _ use removable media......

https://www.delkin.com/blog/understa...emory-systems/
"In embedded systems, space is at a premium, and low power usage is essential. For these systems, non-volatile or persistent storage can be achieved using a removable media source, such as a USB drive, SD card, or CF card, "

http://www.embedded-computing.com/em...ry-systems-101
"Physical size and low power requirements have typically not been a priority for storage systems like fixed-disk or solid-state devices (SSDs). Not so for small embedded systems where size and low power are critical. This persistent storage media is either removable (SD or CF card, or USB flash drive) or non-removable, and its contents should be maintained regardless of the presence of a power source. "

http://datakey.com/downloads/wp/How_...y_WP-REV.A.pdf
"This paper provides engineers with guidance when choosing portable memory devices for use in embedded systems."

Did you really think that you could pretend to be knowledgeable about
what I did for a living for 50 years and pass it off?

You've been a ****up for at _least_ 50 years, and you weren't working on computer systems in 1969. You were a 3rd rate maintinence tech in the airforce (You said it yourself - "the good techs and the ones the chief liked got to stay home").

Besides that, you didn't even seem to realize that floppy disks are reovable media, so yeah, I know way more about what you've claimed to have been doing since whenever you claimed to have been doing it.